Basement moisture and water are a serious problem for nearly half of homes in Northern Virginia — you are not alone. Understanding why this happens and how to resolve water issue is where Foundation Medix can help. As a leading basement waterproofing contractor, we can properly diagnose and provide you with basement waterproofing options based on the source of the underlying problem.
Moisture Condensation happens when warm, moist air meets your home’s cool foundation walls resulting in noticeable wet spots on basement floors and walls. Other tall tell signs are damp musky smell, mold and algae growth. Consequently, allowing moisture condensation to go unaddressed can lead to structural problems and an unhealthy home.
Groundwater will swell once the ground has absorbed as much water as it can. Soil around your foundation cannot absorb the extra water; as a result, you have a situation which leads to a water run off related issue.
Water run off – Mother Nature takes her toll – when we have weather events such as snow and rain, a percentage of water seeps into the ground replenishing water tables but that which is not absorbed is run-off. Run-off that is not diverted away from your home properly causes hydrostatic pressure to build up on your home’s foundation walls and floor. Thereby forcing the water through cracks and gaps. You may notice water seeping up from the joints between the wall and the floor. As a result of ground water swelling, a basement and/or crawl space can be wet for an extended period of time.
WATER PROOFING SOLUTIONS
Solutions to a wet/moist basement or crawl space are abundant and knowing what solution will resolve which problem is why it is important to hire a knowledgeable basement waterproofing company, Foundation Medix.
Sampling of Basement Waterproofing Solutions:
- Install a dehumidification system as a long term solution for moisture condensation problem.
- Install a basement and crawl space ventilation system
- Installing a basement and crawl space concrete floor.
- Crawl space liners (polyethylene membrane) to hold back water
- Exterior waterproofing
- Repair foundation cracks through our Epoxy/Urethane Injection Process
- Installation of an Interior drain tile system
- Installing a sump pump system to collect and remove water
- Ensure that the soil around the foundation of your home be properly graded/sloped away from your home.
- Ensure that your homes gutter and downspout system is functioning properly and water is not pooling near your home.
Foundation Medix provides unique solutions for any water damage that may cause your basement or foundation to suffer.
Interested in learning more about basement waterproofing, Foundation Medix and the foundation repair services we provide, call our office at 877-419-8471 or Contact Us for all your foundation and basement structural issues. We are foundation repair experts!
Serving Virginia and the District of Columbia with offices in Alexandria, Fredericksburg and Richmond, Virginia.